WE ARE A SAFEGUARDING CHURCH
Christchurch is here to:
- Be a striking sight of God’s presence and a focus for prayer in the centre of Shepshed.
- Provide a welcoming, attractive, inspiring and comfortable place where people can meet, worship, learn about and experience the love and healing of God.
- Seek and welcome the new truths into which the Holy Spirit will lead us.
- Provide a base from which local outreach, caring and worldwide mission may be launched.
- Provide a modern, attractive and flexible place where church and community groups may meet.
- To do these things in partnership with other churches and organisations in the town.
Christchurch is a vibrant, all age Christian community at the heart of Shepshed. We join together for fellowship and traditional and contemporary Sunday worship and a range of spiritual and social mid-week groups.
Our halls recently underwent an extensive refurbishment and are available to hire. They are used by a wide variety of local groups during the day and evening. Our buildings are flexible and modern which conform to our doctrines and policy.
GROUPS AND ORGANISATIONS
7.00 p.m. Guides
9.30 a.m. Lunch club run by John Storer House
11.00 a.m. Bible study at Christchurch
7.30 p.m. Senior choir practice
8.00 p.m. Christchurch Gilbert and Sullivan Society. Meetings for rehearsals throughout the year prior to a show.
7.30 p.m. Bible Study. An ecumenical study group with members from other Methodist churches in the circuit and other denominations in Shepshed.
7.00 p.m. Christchurch Fellowship on the last Thursday of the month April to December.
A varied programme of interesting speakers and events for men and women of all ages.
9.30 a.m. Coffee Morning meets for coffee, cake and fellowship
7.00 p.m. Act One. A young peoples theatre group
2.00 P.M. Knit and Natter. A needlework group for people of all abilities , who undertake group and personal projects. Tea and cake are served.
Other events and fundraising events and special services are held throughout the year.